TRANSPORTATION IS EASIER THAN EVER FOR THE 30TH MAIN ST. FORT WORTH ARTS FESTIVAL ON APRIL 9-12, 2015
FORT WORTH, Texas (April 7, 2015) – Transportation to the 30th MAIN ST. Fort Worth Arts Festival (MAIN ST.) is easier than ever with a variety of options made available to the public. During the four-day festival, held April 9-12, 2015, attendees from across the Metroplex can travel to Downtown Fort Worth by shuttle, bike, car, bus or train.
Known as the crown jewel of Texas’ events, MAIN ST. is the largest arts festival in the state. This year, 215 juried, hand-selected artists will showcase their work along with more than 100 live performances taking place throughout the weekend.
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS
Local public transportation authorities have created multiple opportunities for simplified travel to this year’s MAIN ST. Attendees are encouraged to utilize special offers from the Fort Worth Transportation Authority (The T), the Trinity Railway Express (TRE), Fort Worth Bike Sharing (B-cycle) and MAIN ST.’s free Bike Corral, which is made possible by the Fort Worth Bicycle Association and Bicycle’s, Inc.
Fort Worth Transportation Authority (The T)
In addition to its regular bus routes, The T is offering expanded park-and-ride shuttle service available from two locations (Billy Bob’s Texas and Farrington Field) on Saturday, April 11. Shuttles will run every 20 minutes between 9 a.m. – 11 p.m., and the cost for a round-trip is $3.50 for adults and $1.75 for children, students, seniors or disabled. Children under age five (5) can ride free with parent or guardian (limit two (2) children per adult). Tickets can be purchased in cash or by downloading The T’s GoPass mobile application – www.GoPass.biz. For more information, visit www.The-T.com.
Trinity Railway Express (TRE)
To better accommodate out-of-town travelers coming from the east, the TRE will run all four days of the festival, including a special Sunday service. Train passengers can be dropped off at the Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC) located two blocks from the festival at Jones and 9th Streets.
- Thursday, April 9: The final eastbound train departs from the ITC station at 9:46 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, April 10 and 11: The final eastbound train departs from the ITC station at 11:35 p.m. and will travel to Union Station in downtown Dallas. Note: DART Rail System will not be in operation.
- Sunday, April 12: The final eastbound train departs from the ITC station at 8:35 p.m.
For more information on TRE fares and schedules, visit www.TrinityRailwayExpress.org.
Fort Worth Bike Sharing (B-cycle)
Fort Worth Bike Sharing (B-cycle) is another great way to experience MAIN ST. There are 14 bike-sharing stations located within walking distance of the festival. All MAIN ST. attendees who use B-cycle can take advantage of a $4, 24-hour membership, simply by using the promo code “76102” at all station kiosks. For more information, visit www.FortWorthBikeSharing.org.
Attendees who plan to ride their own bicycle to MAIN ST. will have access to the free Bike Corral, located at 7th and Houston Streets. Hours of operation are as follows:
- Thursday, April 9: 3 – 8 p.m.
- Friday, April 10: 1 – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, April 11: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Sunday, April 12: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
PARKING AND STREET CLOSURES
Parking will be available throughout Downtown for those who choose to drive. Visit www.FortWorthParking.com to view all available parking prior to arriving at MAIN ST. In addition, many streets will be closed beginning Monday, April 6, from 12:01 a.m. through Monday, April 13, at 6 a.m.
The closures in effect include:
- Main Street from 2nd Street to 3rd Street
- Main Street from 5th Street to 9th Street
- 9th Street from Houston Street to Commerce Street
- 8th Street’s southbound lane and parking curb from Houston Street to Main Street
- Houston Street’s northbound lane from 11th Street to 9th Street
For more information on parking and street closures, visit www.MainStreetArtsFest.org/festival-guide/street-closures/.
MAIN ST. is annually produced by Downtown Fort Worth Initiatives, Inc., and is free to the public. The official hashtag for 2015 is #MainSt2015. Festival hours for 2015 are:
- Thursday, April 9: 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Friday, April 10: 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Saturday, April 11: 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Sunday, April 12: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
For additional event information, visit MAIN ST. Fort Worth Arts Festival online at: