Thank you Volunteers!
You're the key to our success!
Welcome to all our Volunteers!
We wanted to give you some up-to-date information for the Festival!
NEW THIS YEAR - TRAINING VIDEOS!
Please locate your Volunteer Assignment and watch a 15 minute Video! We give you a little background and information regarding Downtown Fort Worth and the MAIN ST. Fort Worth Arts Festival, and then specific information about your Volunteer Assignment.
If your Volunteer Assignment is not listed, you can watch any video, then shift information will be available for you when you check in at the Volunteer Center the day you have signed up to Volunteer.
A short video about MAIN ST. Fort Worth Arts Festival -
Artist Hosts -
Beverage Sales – Soda/Water, Water Stations, and Alcoholic Beverage Sales -
Block Captains -
EMT Hospitality/Skybox-VIP -
Information Booth -
Main Street Creates! -
Merchandise Sales -
Volunteer Check-in Center -
Our volunteer center is located at 112 Main St. This is the old Sterling Bank Building at the corners of 1st and 2nd and Main Street.
Please plan to check-in 15 to 20 minutes before your shift starts.
There will be a free park and ride parking available for volunteers only. The lot is located at Farrington Field, on corner of University and Lancaster Streets. Parking is located in the east lot behind the stadium. Enter off of Lancaster Street.
You will need to have your volunteer letter or wear your volunteer shirt. The drop-off and pick-up will be at the Volunteer Center.
Hours of Operation for Volunteer Shuttle at Farrington Field
Thursday, April 20 from 9:30 am to 10:30 pm
Friday, April 21 from 9:30 am to 11:30 PM
Saturday, April 22 from 9:30 am to 11:30 pm
Sunday, April 23 from 9:30 am to 8:30 pm
Saturday Shuttle One:
Stockyards/Billy Bob's Texas, located off of North Main Street on 27th Street (turn east off of Main), directly behind the Sonic Drive-in, drop off and pick up at 2nd Street and Houston Streets Downtown.
Saturday Shuttle Two:
Farrington Field, corner of University and Lancaster Streets. Parking is located in the east lot behind the stadium. Enter off of Lancaster Street. Drop off and pick up is at the Intermodal Transportation Center (ITC).
Saturday Shuttle Two, with the ITC drop-off is the closest to the volunteer center.
Shuttles will run every 20/30 minutes.
Hours of Operation for Festival Shuttles
Friday, April 21 from 5:00 PM to 11:30 PM
Saturday, April 22 from 9:00 AM to 11:30 PM
Shuttle service will not be offered on Sunday, but there is a large amount of free parking downtown on Sunday.
Check out fortworthparking.com for downtown parking information.
We are unable to reimburse volunteers for parking.
- Wear comfortable shoes - If you are serving beverages you will need to wear closed-toe shoes.
- Bring a light jacket if the weather dictates.
- Please arrive approximately 30 minutes prior to the beginning of your shift.
- If you're working a booth (especially if you're working more than one shift), please feel free to bring a small cooler of drinks and snacks (no alcohol).
- We cannot store personal items. We do not offer lockers or secure lockup, so plan on leaving valuables at home.
- You may get asked questions by patrons of the Festival, or you may need to handle incidents that require some assistance. There are several ways to access information regarding all activities and locations during the Festival. We want to be able to assist everyone that has a question or a need. If you are asked a question and do not know or are unsure of the answer, please direct Festival Patrons to the Information Booth located on the north end of Sundance Square Plaza.
- Our Festival Guide is an important and useful resource also when answering questions, finding entertainment performance times, information about all of the artists, information about the food vendors, locations of ATM’s, locations of restrooms, location of the “Official” MAIN ST. Fort Worth Arts Festival Merchandise, Coupons Booths, and First Aid.
- Festival Guides are available at the Information Booth, all of the Coupon Booths, and we will have a supply of Guides at Volunteer Check-in. Please pick up a Festival Guide before leaving for your shift.
- Fort Worth Police officers can be found throughout the Festival.
- MAIN ST. Fort Worth Art Festival has a comprehensive web-site. Please go to www.mainstreetartsfest.org to check it out!
- For all you smart-phone users we have an APP for MAIN ST. too!
- Here are the links to download the APPS on iTunes and GooglePlay
Safety: Nothing should ever be more important than the safety of our patrons or volunteers.
Courtesy: Patrons are the #1 priority! Remember, they are the guests at our party and should be treated accordingly.
Commitment: Please give everyone your best effort and stay for the entire time you promised to work. If you are willing to sign up then we expect you are willing to work.
Patience: There are approximately 3,500 volunteers and an estimated 400,000 guests over four days, so there are bound to be some mix-ups. Please have patience!
Thursday, April 20, 10:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Friday, April 21, 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Saturday, April 22, 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Sunday, April 23, 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
NOTE: Artists are allowed to close at 8:00 PM on Thursday, Friday and Saturday; however, many remain open later to accommodate the music crowds. ALL ARTISTS close at 6:00 PM on Sunday.
Please check the entertainment schedule for show times and other updates.
Things to Remember…
- Children and guests who are not registered to volunteer may register on-site; otherwise, they may not accompany you during your shift.
- Wear sunscreen and drink plenty of fluids.
- In an emergency/ bad weather situation, follow the direction of your immediate supervisor or Block Captain. Block Captains are your first step towards resolving a conflict or handling an emergency.
- If a medical emergency occurs during the festival, contact the Volunteer Manager at 817-903-5315, to request EMS personnel. DO NOT attempt to administer first aid unless properly trained.
- Travel light. There is no secured storage for personal items.
- Wear comfortable shoes! MAIN ST.’s site is at least 10 + blocks long!
- If you have special medical needs, please let your supervisor know.
- Arrive on time. Please arrive 35 – 40 minutes before your shift begins. This will give you enough time to park, check in at Volunteer Headquarters, and go to your assigned location. Evenings and weekends are very crowded, making navigation around the festival challenging.
- You will receive a Festival Guide, Volunteer Handbook, and t-shirt upon checking in at Volunteer Headquarters. Let us know if there is anything else you may need.
- Lost and found items may be dropped off or inquired about at the Information Booth, located in the center of the event.
- If at any time you are not satisfied with your assignment, please return to Volunteer Headquarters for a new position.