Visual Arts Key Dates
At a Glance (updated 5/31/2017):
Important Time and Date Information:
- Show Dates: April 19-22, 2018 (33rd Year)
- Artist hours of exhibition: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM on Thursday, 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM on Friday and Saturday, and 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM on Sunday (Note: the event itself doesn't close until 10:00 PM on Thursday, 11:00 PM on Friday and Saturday, and 8:00 PM on Sunday. Artists are invited to remain open as they wish during those later hours).
- Application process opens: July 14, 2017
- Application deadline: 11:59 PM Central Time, October 13, 2017
- Artist Jury: November 1 & 2, 2017, at the Norris Conference Center located at 304 Houston Street, 76102. Round one (November 1) will be open to the public.
- Acceptance notification, contract and Artist Guide e-mailed: November 13, 2017
- Accepted artists posted on Website: December 1, 2017
- Artist registration packet and booth fees: Must be postmarked by December 5, 2017
- Last day to cancel with refund: January 18, 2018
- Load in: April 18, 2018
- Artist Awards Ceremony and Breakfast: Friday, April 20, 2018, 8:00 AM
Application Fee (non-refundable):
- Early-Bird Discount – received before 11:59 PM on August 11, 2017: $25.00 per application.
- Second Chance Discount – received before 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017: $30.00 per application
- Regular Fee: $35.00 per application
- Single booth, 10’ x 10’ space: $675 ($250 for Emerging Artists)
- Corner booth, 10’ x 10’: $775 (not available for Emerging Artists)
- Double booth: Not available, unless an artist has been accepted in more than one category, or with more than one body of work.
- Each artist receives 200 watts of electricity included in their booth fees. Any electricity used over and above the minimum is charged at $35.00 for each additional 200 watts.
Number of Artists: 226, including 20 Emerging Artists
Number of Applications Received: Approximately 1400 applications in 2017.
Jurors: Five paid Art Professionals (local, regional or national), including two working artists.
Jury Format: Two rounds over two days. First round scored on a Yes/No/Maybe basis (1/2/3). Top 50% advance into second round, scored on a 1 – 7 basis with discussion. First round is open to the public.
Jury Process: Images are projected (projected jury) on 48" x 48" screens by state-of-the-art projectors direct from digital media. This is a blind jury – names are not revealed to the jurors. Images are viewed with image 1 on the left, and the booth image on the right. Four images of work are required, along with a booth image (Emerging Artist applicants may substitute another image of their work in place of the booth image – simply say, “YES,” when asked if your image is your booth shot). Viewing is horizontal. Artists are viewed in the order in which their application was received.
Multiple Applications: If an artist has work in different media categories, or distinctly separate bodies of work within one category, they may apply with multiple applications. Each separate application requires a different profile within Zapplication be set up.
Cash Awards: Up to $10,500 awarded to seven Merit Award Winners, and a Best of Show Winner. An Emerging Artist Best of Show is also awarded.
Number of Artists Exempt from Jury: 26, including six artist advisory committee members who work year-round to help improve the MAIN ST. Fort Worth Arts Festival.
Parking: Fee-based parking is available throughout Downtown. The Festival does not provide free or reserved parking.
Load-in: Scheduled load-in process allows ample room. We utilize a remote check-in, staging and organized move in process.
Attendance: Tens of thousands.